The Evaluation version of CMail Server is available from
the Internet at http://www.computalynx.net/software/cmail/download.asp.
CMail's installation files are stored in a .zip file format and require a file extractor
to unpack them. We recommend Winzip for this
Installing from the Internet
- Download CMail Server from the Computalynx Website and
save the archive to a temporary directory.
- Open Windows Explorer and locate the downloaded
- Double click on the archive filename to open it in
- Click Install from Winzip's toolbar to unpack the
installation files and launch the Setup Wizard.
Installing from CD-ROM
Following the registration of CMail Server, you will receive a copy on CD for
backup purposes. To install from CD:
- Place the Computalynx CD-ROM into your CD-ROM drive
and close the tray.
- If your CD is set to Auto Run, the installation menu
will load automatically.
- Check CMail Server.
- Click Install.
If you do not have Auto Run enabled, open Windows
Explorer and run cdsetup.exe from the CD drive.
The Setup Wizard
Setup Wizard is the program that installs CMail Server to your computer, makes
the relevant taskbar shortcuts and creates the required registry entries.
- Once the Setup Program has been launched, you will be
presented with a welcome screen. Press Next to continue.
- You will then be asked where the program should be
installed to. To accept the default directory (recommended), click the Next
button. You can change the install directory by clicking Browse an
selecting an alternative directory.
- The CMail program files will now be copied to your
- When the file transfer has been completed, the CMail
Server program group will be created and installation is complete. It is recommended that
you restart the computer at this time.
Running CMail Server for the first time
- To run CMail, click on the Windows Start
- Select Programs and then locate the CMail
Server program group.
- Click CMail Server to run the
- CMail will appear as an icon (white envelopes) in the
system tray located at the bottom right of the Windows taskbar.
- For further information, please see the quick start guide.
Return to Index