CMail Server uses command line scanners to detect email viruses. If you use a scanner
that does not have a profile included in the CMail release package, you may be able to
create a custom profile to work with your scanner. Note: CMail interrogates the log files
generated by virus scanners to check the results of a file scan. The virus scanner you use
must be able to generate log files as a command line option for the custom profile to work
All Anti Virus profiles are controlled from the
Options > Virus Control menu. This includes custom profiles.
- Click Options followed by Virus Control.
- Enter a name for the custom profile in the Name field.
- Enter the full system path to the application that you
will use to scan for viruses in the Application to use field.
- Enter the parameter to be passed to the virus scanner to
create a log or report file.
- Enter the parameter to attempt to clean a file if a virus
- Any additional parameters to be passed to the virus
scanner can be defined in the Additional Command Line Parameters field.
- The report analysis section defines the text that CMail
looks for in a virus scanner generated log or report file to check whether or not a virus
was detected. Enter the line of text that informs you in the log file whether a virus was
detected. It will normally look like: Infected 1.
- Enter the text that informs you in the log file whether a
virus was removed or cleaned. This will normally look like: Disinfected 1.
- Click Save Profile.
- Enter a profile name and click OK to save the
Return to Virus Control
Return to Index