Q: How do I configure CProxy Server to access the Internet
through a second stage or upstream proxy server.
A: Follow the procedure outlined below.
CProxy Server 3.3 Configuration
- Open and unlock CProxy Server.
- Select Options.
- Select Cache Options > Advanced Cache Options.
- Locate the Upstream Proxy Requests panel.
- Enter the IP address or hostname of the remote proxy
server in the Hostname field.
- Enter the port used by the remote proxy server in the Port
- Check Relay Requests to next stage proxy server.
- Click OK.
- Select Save Settings from the file menu to complete
You will not be able to access sites that require a Secure Socket Layer (SSL)
connection when using an upstream proxy server. This is because CProxy Server never
contacts the secure Web-server and therefore cannot guarantee security. This means that
you will not be able to access some sites like Hotmail that require SSL
CProxy Server will only upstream the HTTP and HTTP
FTP protocol. Other protocols are not supported at this time.
Return to Index