|FTP Client Configuration Tutorial
Software Title: Cute FTP
FTP or File Transfer Protocol is the most common and
popular method of transferring files around the Internet, especially web pages from client
to server. This tutorial covers the configuration of Cute FTP for use with CProxy Server.
Before continuing, you should ensure that you know the IP address of the CProxy Server,
the port number of the FTP protocol (default 1021) and you have logged into the CProxy
Server with a web browser if logins are enabled on the system.
- Run CuteFTP from the Start Menu.
- Close the FTP Site Manager Window if it
opens on start up.
- Select the FTP menu.
- Select Settings.
- Select Options.
- Click on the Firewall Tab.
- Enter the IP address of the CProxy Server
into the Host Field.
- Enter the CProxy Server FTP Port into the
- Leave the User ID and Password fields blank.
- Under 'Type' select Open Site.
- Click Enable Firewall Access.
- Press Apply.
- Press OK.
- Load FTP Site Manager, configure an FTP site
and test the firewall configuration by accessing this site.
- If you are prompted for a username and
password by CuteFTP, leave the fields blank and click the OK button to continue.
The FTP program hangs when I
try to connect to an FTP site? If you normally have to enter a username and
password into your web browser before you can access the World Wide Web, chances are you
have not logged into CProxy and therefore the FTP protocol is blocked. Close the FTP
program, open your browser, login and then try accessing the FTP again. If this fails,
check with your Administrator to ensure that your user profile has the necessary
permissions to use the FTP protocol.
Return to Index
CuteFTP is the Copyright of GlobalScape
All trademarks acknowledged.