|FTP Client Configuration Tutorial
Software Title: WS_FTP Pro
FTP or File Transfer Protocol is the most common and
popular method of transferring files around the Internet, especially web pages from client
to server. This tutorial covers the configuration of WS_FTP for use with CProxy Server.
Before continuing, you should ensure that you know the IP address of the CProxy Server,
the port number of the FTP protocol (default 1021) and you have logged into the CProxy
Server with a web browser if logins are enabled on the system.
- Run WS_FTP Pro by clicking the associated
icon on the Desktop.
- At the WS_FTP Configured Sites menu,
highlight the site you wish to access through the proxy server, right click and click the
- Click Firewall.
- Check 'Use Firewall'.
- Enter the IP address of CProxy Server into
the Host Name field.
- Leave the username and password fields
- Set the 'Port' field to '1021'.
- Click 'Proxy Open' under Firewall Type.
- Press OK to complete the configuration.
- You should connect to FTP site to check the
The FTP program hangs when I
try to connect to an FTP site? If you normally have to enter a username and
password into your web browser before you can access the World Wide Web, chances are you
have not logged into CProxy and therefore the FTP protocol is blocked. Close the FTP
program, open your browser, login and then try accessing the FTP again. If this fails,
check with your Administrator to ensure that your user profile has the necessary
permissions to use the FTP protocol.
Return to Index
WS_FTP is a trademark of Ipswitch Inc.
All trademarks acknowledged.