|Web Browser Configuration Tutorial
Software Title: Internet Explorer
Web Browsers are used to view html articles, images
and files on the World Wide Web. This tutorial covers the configuration of Internet
- Open Internet Explorer by clicking the
Internet icon on the desktop.
- Click View.
- Select Internet Options.
- Select the Connections tab.
- Check 'Connect through a proxy server' and
- Enter the IP address of CProxy Server into
the HTTP, Secure and FTP fields.
- Enter the HTTP proxy port (default 8080)
into the Port fields for HTTP, Secure and FTP.
- Click OK to exit the Proxy Settings menu.
- Press Apply and OK to complete
- Restart Internet Explorer for the settings
to take effect.
Using CProxy Server with CMail
Webmail and Internet Explorer
If you encounter erratic
results when attempting to access a CMail Server Webmail that is running on the
same network as CProxy Server, the most likely cause is that several users are accessing
the same server and appear to be logging into Webmail from the same IP address. To solve
this, enter a proxy exception for the Webmail server and port in the exceptions field at
step 7 above in the format x.x.x.x:port. For example, 192.168.0.1:8002.
Return to Index
Internet Explorer is a copyright of the
All trademarks acknowledged.